This flavorful black bean salad is easy and quick to make. Love the avocado texture and flavor. Serve over lettuce or it as is. Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 2–15 oz cans black beans
- 3 ears fresh cooked corn, cut off the cob or use 2 cups frozen
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 to 2 shallots, minced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 to 2 teaspoon salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 4 to 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- 2 to 3 cups baby greens
- Shallots are like small onions, but have a somewhat milder flavor than onions. Chop shallots finely.
- Using the fine side of the grater, grate some of the lime peel to create lime zest.
- Then use a small hand juicer for the lime juice, or squeeze by hand.
- Add all ingredients together, except avocado. Cover and chill a few hours if possible. Just before serving, add avocado.
- Serve on a bed of baby greens.