I have made these wild blueberry cornbread muffins to serve at a local Women’s Health and Wellness Expo. They get a great response, loved by all. I buy organic frozen wild blueberries from Trader Joe’s Market. These blueberry cornbread muffins can also be made with fresh cranberries when they are in season.
Makes 12 to 14 large muffins or 60 mini muffins
- 2 cups finely ground cornmeal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt-optional
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°
- Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, honey, almond milk and optional yogurt.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in hot oven for 20 to 23 minutes or for mini muffins bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Like this recipe? You might also like Zucchini Yogurt Muffins.