This healthy breakfast takes about 10 minutes to make. Delicious heart healthy way to start the day. Use plain yogurt, not vanilla yogurt, which has added sugar.
- old fashioned rolled oats
- nonfat plain greek yogurt
- unsweetened almond milk
- vanilla extract
- Use ½ cup oats, and make oatmeal according to the directions on the package. They cook in 4 minutes, there’s no reason to use instant!
- While the oats are cooking, slice the strawberries.
- Now add the cooked oatmeal to a bowl, and add a few tablespoons almond milk.
- Next, add the strawberries.
- Top with a few dollops yogurt. Add about ½ teaspoon vanilla and a shake of cinnamon.
- If you need more sweetness, add a small amount of honey or a few drops liquid stevia.