Watch this short video to learn how to make homemade pasta. I make pasta using a food processor and hand crank pasta machine.
The rule of thumb is to make one egg per person, which is guaranteed to give you left-overs.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbl olive oil
- Add eggs to food processor with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Using plastic blade, pulse briefly until eggs are blended.
- Add the flour. Close lid, and pulse to mix. If dough is too hard, add a teaspoon or so of water, careful not to add much. Dough should be fairly hard, much harder than bread dough.
- Remove from bowl, knead a few times by hand to form a ball, and cover with a towel. Let rest 30 minutes.
- Cut pasta into 1 inch thick pieces. Use pasta machine to roll out dough into strips, changing the settings on the machine and getting thinner each time. Use flour sparingly to prevent dough from sticking, sprinkling on the counter where you are working.
- Work quickly to prevent dough from drying out, cover with a clean, dry towel if dough starts to dry out. Now using the cutter on the machine, cut pasta into spaghetti or fettuccini.
- Pasta can be cooked in boiling water as soon as it’s done being cut. Bring water to a boil. Gently lift pasta from the board and put in boiling water, stirring with a long fork. Pasta cooks quickly, about 5 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, DO NOT rinse with cold water. Place in a pasta platter and immediately mix with your favorite sauce. Top with parmesan cheese and serve.
As a result of which, your entry will repay your efforts. Take your sales; simply put, they will rise. Likewise your credibility. There’s every chance your competitors will wish they’d placed this entry, not you. While your customers will have probably forgotten that your competitors even exist. Which brings us, by a somewhat circuitous route, to another small point, but one which we feel should be raised.