Here’s a great recipe to make for kids, even those who say they don’t like zucchini will eat this delicious yet simple recipe.
4 cups whole wheat bow tie pasta, about 1/2 pound
3 cloves garlic
4 medium zucchini, enough for 4 cups grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
1) Cook pasta according to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, begin next steps.
2) Peel and mince garlic, set aside.
3) Rinse and grate zucchini by hand or in a food processor. If using fresh parmesan, finely grate the cheese.
5) Add garlic, stir one minute more, then add the grated zucchini.
7) Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup cooking liquid.
8) Add 2-3 tablespoons cooking liquid to the zucchini mixture. Add the drained pasta and stir, adding more liquid as needed.
9) Transfer pasta to a bowl and mix in ¾ cup of the parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle on top the remainder of the parmesan.