There’s so much zucchini growing in the garden, time to make some healthy zucchini muffins. I used 2 zucchini and 1 yellow patty pan squash. You can substitute any kind os squash. Consider using different color squashes for a beautiful muffin. These muffins are light and fluffy. I use a food processor to grate the zucchini, but it can also be grated by hand with a box grater.
Makes 20 muffins
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt – 2%
- ½ coconut oil or butter, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups zucchini and/or patty pan squash, grated
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray muffin pans with canola oil spray.
- Using an electric mixer (or by hand with a fork), mix eggs, yogurt, cooled butter/coconut oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add them to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Grate zucchini. Fold into batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Remove muffin pans from oven. Let cool 5 minutes on cooling racks, then remove muffins from muffin pans and place on cooling racks.